"We're on a MISSION ..."
AN ARK FULL OF CHAIRS AUCTION
Hand Painted Chair Auction
On Sunday, April 25th, 2010, we gathered at
Our goal was to raise $5,000
This was a joint Missions venture of the Flathead Valley United Methodist
Churches and Mission Valley UMC to raise an ark full of $$ for HEIFER PROJECT
INTERNATIONAL and HEIFER's work in Haiti!
Through Heifer International, we can give animals to people in need around the world. You might consider giving a cow, or camel, or llama, or a goat, or a pig, (or a share in an animal) or some chickens, geese or ducks, or honeybees or even some trees, which would make a real difference in the lives of some people in our own country and many other countries. Along with the gift, recipients will be given training in the care of the animals, and in turn will pass on a gift to another person as their gift increases.
Our six Churchwide Special Sundays with offerings each year:
1. Human Relations Day (Sunday before the national observance of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s birthday) strengthens United Methodist outreach to communities in the United States and Puerto Rico, encouraging social justice and work with at-risk youth.
2. One Great Hour Of Sharing (fourth Sunday in Lent) enables the United Methodist Committee on Relief to reach out through worldwide ministries of food, shelter, health and peace.
3. Native American Ministries Sunday (third Sunday of Easter) nurtures mission with Native Americans and provides scholarships for United Methodist Native American seminarians.
4. Peace With Justice Sunday (first Sunday after Pentecost) enables The United Methodist Church to have a voice in advocating for peace and justice through a broad spectrum of global programs.
5. World Communion Sunday (first Sunday of October) provides scholarships for U.S. (racial- and ethnic-minority) students and international students, on both undergraduate and graduate levels.
6. United Methodist Student Day (last Sunday of November) furnishes scholarships and loans for students attending United Methodist-related and other accredited colleges and universities.
You can give toward U.S. disaster relief at church by putting your gift in the offering plate on Sunday. Please mark your check notation line or an envelope.
UMCOR. Be There. Be Hope.
UMCOR's mission is to alleviate human suffering—whether caused by war, conflict, or natural disaster—with open minds and hearts to all people.