"We're on a MISSION ..."
BELL RINGING :
What’s Christmas without the traditional Salvation Army Bell Ringers?
WE NEED YOU to volunteer just ONE HOUR of your time on Friday, Dec. 13th
in front of Whitefish Safeway. Sign-up sheets are on the table in the narthex.
Questions? Contact Dianne Grove 862-3156
ANGEL TREE :
This Christmas, WUMC will again be sponsoring a family through the Salvation Army Adopt-a-Family project.
Please pick up an ornament (or two!) on the tree in the narthex marked with various gift items.
DO NOT WRAP gifts and please remember to include the family’s ID # or the ornament tag on your gift.
Items can be left dropped off in the church office from now until Dec. 18th. Thanks!
CHARLIE’S ANGELS BACK AT WORK :
Bring 2 cans of food to church each week for the food basket.
On Christmas Sunday, we’ll dedicate our contribution to the food bank.
Charlie Reeder was instrumental in supporting the No.Valley Food Bank.
Let's break his record of 452 pounds of food!
For more info call Sue at 257-5837 or any UMW member.
If you’d like to help rebuild & restore the Philippines you can by: Praying for millions impacted.
Donating online to UMCOR at umcor.org or donating through WUMC
to UMCOR Advance #982450 – please note on your check.
SENIOR CITIZEN CHRISTMAS DINNER!
St. Charles is hosting its annual FREE holiday dinner on Sunday, Dec. 15th from 3pm -6pm.
Dinner deliveries and/or rides are available upon request by calling St. Charles Parish office
at 862-2051 by Thursday, Dec. 12th, 1pm.
JOHN FLORIDIS HOLIDAY CONCERT:
Our annual John Floridis Holiday Concert benefitting Neighbors in Need will be on Sunday, Dec. 15th at 7pm. We hope to raise money and awareness for help for those in need. Thank you to Whitefish Credit Union for helping to sponsor this event.
CROP WALK SUNDAY
sent us out with song and spirit to help end
poverty and hunger in our community
and our world.
Thanks to all who participated through walking,
donating, singing, serving soup and bread, and to
the Crown of the Continent multi-faith choir who
blessed our worship.
AN ARK FULL OF CHAIRS AUCTION
Hand Painted Chair Auction
On Sunday, April 25th, 2010, we gathered at
Our goal was to raise $5,000
This was a joint Missions venture of the Flathead Valley United Methodist
Churches and Mission Valley UMC to raise an ark full of $$ for HEIFER PROJECT
INTERNATIONAL and HEIFER's work in Haiti!
Through Heifer International, we can give animals to people in need around the world. You might consider giving a cow, or camel, or llama, or a goat, or a pig, (or a share in an animal) or some chickens, geese or ducks, or honeybees or even some trees, which would make a real difference in the lives of some people in our own country and many other countries. Along with the gift, recipients will be given training in the care of the animals, and in turn will pass on a gift to another person as their gift increases.
Our six Churchwide Special Sundays with offerings each year:
1. Human Relations Day (Sunday before the national observance of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s birthday) strengthens United Methodist outreach to communities in the United States and Puerto Rico, encouraging social justice and work with at-risk youth.
2. One Great Hour Of Sharing (fourth Sunday in Lent) enables the United Methodist Committee on Relief to reach out through worldwide ministries of food, shelter, health and peace.
3. Native American Ministries Sunday (third Sunday of Easter) nurtures mission with Native Americans and provides scholarships for United Methodist Native American seminarians.
4. Peace With Justice Sunday (first Sunday after Pentecost) enables The United Methodist Church to have a voice in advocating for peace and justice through a broad spectrum of global programs.
5. World Communion Sunday (first Sunday of October) provides scholarships for U.S. (racial- and ethnic-minority) students and international students, on both undergraduate and graduate levels.
6. United Methodist Student Day (last Sunday of November) furnishes scholarships and loans for students attending United Methodist-related and other accredited colleges and universities.
You can give toward U.S. disaster relief at church by putting your gift in the offering plate on Sunday. Please mark your check notation line or an envelope.
UMCOR. Be There. Be Hope.
UMCOR's mission is to alleviate human suffering—whether caused by war, conflict, or natural disaster—with open minds and hearts to all people.